JOB TITLE: Youth Faith Formation Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Faith Formation
REPORTS TO: Pastor
STATUS: Part‐time, Non-Exempt
HOURS: 20-hours per week when Faith Formation Classes are open; 0-hours per week when Faith Formation Classes are not running for any reason.
Responsible for the overall coordination of youth faith formation programs (First Communion and Confirmation).
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE:
- Adheres to all parish policies, procedures, and core values
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
- Performs duties as defined, assigned, and as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive, respectful and highly communicative attitude and approach
- Maintains a demeanor that creates positive team atmosphere
- Communicates openly and regularly with supervisor, team members, parents, and volunteers
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Manages time well
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates overall youth faith formation programs
- Conduct recruitment and training of volunteers and catechists for youth faith formation program
- Effective communication with parents, staff, catechists, volunteers and students
- Maintain a relationship with the Diocesan Department of Evangelization and Catechesis and the St. Joseph Educational Center for consultation, support, and resourcing
- Coordinate the sacramental preparation programs and liturgies of the parish for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation
- Attend parish staff meetings
- Be a practicing Catholic in good
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, studies in Religious Education or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of experience in Education, Religious Education, or
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs, comfortable with social media and knowledge of online programs
- Upon hire complete Virtus training and be accountable for the continuation of that
- Expected to work evenings and weekends in support of youth faith formation sessions, programs and events
- Ability to lift 25‐50 pounds in a typical business or office environment
- Ability to be mobile for extended periods of time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information in English and Spanish
Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the Parish.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, the employer reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the position or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by the employer.
I understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at‐will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the employer has a similar right.